Ingredients for making puff with poppy seeds.
- Premium wheat flour 450 grams
- Butter or margarine 150 grams
- Milk of any fat content 100 grams
- Sugar 50 grams
- Pastry poppy 50 grams
- Chicken eggs 2 pcs.
- Table salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Main Ingredients Puff Pastry
- Serving 6 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Large bowl, Blender, Rolling pin, Wooden board, Baking tray, Cutting board, Sharp knife, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Refrigerator, Kitchen stove or microwave, Oven, Serving plate or portion plates
Cooking puffs with poppy seeds:
Step 1: Mix sugar, milk and salt.Melt the butter in a microwave or over low heat on a stove in a small saucepan. Stir sugar (1 tablespoon), milk and salt, then add melted butter. Stir it all to a uniform consistency in a large bowl. This can easily be done with a blender.
Step 2: Add the other necessary ingredients and knead the dough.
Step 3: Sprinkle the chilled dough with poppy seeds and sugar.Put the folded dough in the refrigerator for a while, approximately for 30 to 40 minutes. In the meantime, the remaining sugar must be displaced with poppy seeds in a separate bowl. When the dough is cooled, it must be removed from the refrigerator, unfold and, if necessary, roll out with a rolling pin. Sprinkle dough with sugar and poppy seeds.
Step 4: Roll the dough roll.The dough, sprinkled with poppy seeds and sugar, must be rolled into the roll with the poppy-sugar mixture inside. While baking with the dough, place the pan in the refrigerator for 10 - 15 minutes. Then remove it and brush with sunflower oil or a piece of butter.
Step 5: Cut the roll into pieces and bake them in the oven.On a cutting board with a sharp knife, cut the roll into pieces about 2.5 - 3 cm thick. Heat the oven up to 200 degrees. On the prepared baking sheet, lay the future puffs with poppy seeds in several rows so that they do not touch each other. Bake puffs over 15 - 20 minutes.
Step 6: Serve the poppy seed puff.This fabulous treat is usually served on a large flat plate, or immediately laid out in portions of several pieces per person. You can drink this sweetness with anything you want, from fruit juices to jelly or milk. Good appetite!
- - In order not to grease the baking sheet with oil, you can put parchment paper or special baking paper on it. By the way, this measure can lead to a decrease in the calorie content of the dish and its fat content.
- - Eggs that are washed in running water must be wiped with a dry cloth or paper towel, and also remember that freshly washed eggs should be used immediately for cooking. You can’t store them already, otherwise they can quickly foul.
- - Before folding the dough to place it in the refrigerator, the layer can be sprinkled with flour, then wrapped with cling film and only then folded. This will help to ensure that the dough does not stick together. Puff pastry is a very convenient ingredient, as it can be stored raw for a long time in the refrigerator.