For the dough
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Wallpaper with baking sheet 4 rectangular trays of 30x40 cm. Draw 2 circles of 20 cm diameter on each baking sheet, then turn the baking sheets upside down (with the drawing down) on the tray.
Beat the egg whites, then gradually add 3 tablespoons of sugar. Beat until foamy. Put them aside.
Beat, with the mixer, the yolks with the remaining sugar, until the mixer leaves traces when lifting it. Add the vanilla and mix.
Lightly incorporate with a spatula flour with ground hazelnuts and salt in the mixture with egg yolks. Then, incorporate the beaten egg whites, in 3 tranches.
Divide the dough obtained in each drawn circle (approx. 3 tablespoons of dough / circle), spreading it evenly to the edges. Bake the dough circles for 7-9 minutes. After the dough tops have baked, let them cool completely.
For the cream
In a saucepan, put the sugar with water on the right heat, letting them boil until the mixture begins to caramelize, then remove from the heat.
Beat the egg whites with the citric acid until they become foam. Gradually, stirring, add the sugar syrup. Continue to mix until the composition cools.
With the speed of the mixer at medium, add the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until incorporated.
Add coffee, melted chocolate, cocoa and salt, then mix well until smooth. Keep the cream at room temperature.
For decoration and assembly
Caramelize the sugar, then let it cool a bit.
Place the first top on the serving plate. Brush the top with a little rum (if you want), then grease it with a thin layer of cream. Repeat with the remaining tops and cream. Finally, grease the whole cake with cream.
Sprinkle the cake with caramelized sugar, then decorate it, according to your imagination, with the remaining cream and hazelnuts.
- 250 gr butter with 82% fat
- 1 or
- 100 g of powdered sugar, with vanilla flavor
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 200 gr finely ground hazelnuts
- 200 gr flour
- vanilla-flavored powdered sugar for powdering
We prepare the dough for the Recipe of Cornlets with vanilla and hazelnuts.
Remember that you can also follow my recipes on the page Facebook , but I'm waiting for you with culinary surprises and on Instagram.
Ingredients cake with coffee and hazelnuts
- 135 grams of finely ground hazelnuts (like a powder)
- 90 + 45 grams of brown sugar
- 150 + 40 grams of fresh egg white
- 45 grams of fresh egg yolk
- 45 grams of powdered sugar
- 2 sachets of instant coffee (2 teaspoons)
- 2 vanilla pods
- 130 grams of butter with 82% fat
- 3 good salt powders of good quality (fleur de sel in original)
- 70 grams of flour
- 5 grams of baking powder
- 75 grams of soft butter, with 82% fat, preferably salted
- 75 grams of dark brown sugar
- 90 grams of finely ground hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 75 grams of flour
- 2 salt flower powders
- 150 ml. of milk
- 35 grams of freshly ground arabica coffee
- 2 yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 75 grams of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 grams of soft butter with 82% fat
- 375 grams of whipped cream, with 35% fat, whipped foam
- 2 sachets of instant coffee (2 teaspoons)
- 150 grams of caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 90 grams of fresh egg white
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
How to prepare coffee cake with hazelnuts
Coffee and hazelnut countertop
1. For the cake with coffee and hazelnuts, prepare a square shape, with a side of 24 centimeters, lining it with baking paper greased with solid butter. Switch on the oven and set it at 170 ° C, without ventilation.
Preparation of caramelized butter & # 8211 beurre noisette
2. Put the butter, cut into pieces, in a saucepan. Put the pan on medium heat to melt the butter.
3. As soon as it melts and starts to foam, don't take your eyes off it. Stir frequently until it spreads the smell of ripe hazelnuts and the liquid turns golden brown (beurre noisette).
4. Turn off the heat and dissolve the two sachets of instant coffee in the melted butter.
Preparation of the composition with hazelnuts and coffee
5. In the bowl of the robot or in any bowl, place the finely ground hazelnuts. I mean, as fine as you see in the picture below.
Add the seeds of the two vanilla pods, powdered sugar and 90 grams of brown sugar over the hazelnuts. Mix well, incorporating the yolks and 40 grams of egg whites. Mix until you get a thick paste.
6. Gradually add the coffee butter, while still hot, and stir vigorously (with the robot's flat accessory or mixer).
7. Mix separately, in a bowl, the flour, salt and baking powder then add them over the composition with butter and peanuts and mix.
Aerate the composition with butter and hazelnuts
8. In a separate bowl, beat the remaining 150 grams of egg whites, adding the remaining 45 grams of brown sugar from the beginning.
9. Beat until the egg whites harden well, forming a thick foam.
10. Add ¹⁄3 of the amount of egg white foam over the composition with butter and hazelnuts and mix vigorously. Then add the rest of the egg white foam and incorporate it with a flexible spatula, gently, gently rotating the bowl and repeatedly folding the composition from the base above the one above the bowl, until smooth. Be careful not to mix the egg whites with the mixer, do not mix vigorously, circularly, otherwise the countertop may lose its aerated texture.
11. Pour the composition obtained in the form prepared in point 1 and level it carefully.
12. Bake immediately in the preheated oven at 170 ° C, at an average height. Baking takes 30-35 minutes or until the countertop passes the toothpick test. When it is baked, take it out of the oven, leave it for 5 minutes then carefully remove it from the form and let it cool on a cake rack. As it cools, I can only tell you that a more tempting scent has rarely been given to me to feel.
As soon as we remove the top from the oven, reduce the temperature to 150 ° C and prepare the composition for the crunchy layer of streusel. Simply quickly mix all the ingredients in a bowl until you get an imperfectly mixed paste, as for crumble. Immediately, spread the composition, using a spatula, on a clean sheet of baking paper, about 4-5 mm thick. It doesn't matter much what shape we give it, we'll make it firm anyway.
Bake the streusel composition at 150 ° C for 30-35 minutes, until well browned. Allow to cool, then break into irregular pieces, about 2 cm.
Boiled coffee cream
1. Put the milk in a saucepan over medium heat. When it boils, add the freshly ground coffee, turn off the heat, stir, cover and let it infuse for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the whole egg, egg yolks and 75 grams of caster sugar until the mixture is white.
3. We pass through a thick sieve the infusion of coffee, pressing on the dough, to squeeze it well from the liquid, which we collect in a clean saucepan. Heat the milk infused with coffee again, then pour it over the egg mixture with sugar, stirring constantly. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook everything over low heat, stirring constantly, especially on the bottom of the pan, until the cream heats up and thickens. Basically, it's the same procedure as custard, it's just coffee.
4. Once the cream thickens or, more scientifically, when it reaches an internal temperature of 73 ° C, remove the pan from the heat and pass the cream through a sieve, collecting it in a bowl. Let the boiled coffee cream cool to room temperature.
1. Put the 90 grams of raw egg whites in the bowl of the mixer and set them aside for the time being.
2. Put on the fire, in a saucepan 150 grams of caster sugar moistened with 3 tablespoons of water. Mount a special candy thermometer on the edge of the pan or use an instant reading thermometer to measure the temperature of the syrup. When the syrup in the saucepan reaches a temperature of 110 ° C, start beating the egg whites in the bowl with the mixer.
3. When the syrup reaches 120 ° C, turn off the heat, add the two teaspoons of instant coffee, stir very briefly and start pouring it over the beaten egg whites. When the boiling syrup is added, the egg whites should be beaten to the stage where they begin to form ridges on the surface. We constantly pour the syrup until it is completely incorporated. The egg white foam will increase in volume and will heat up strongly, this is the Italian meringue, the most stable form of meringue. Continue beating until the meringue cools to room temperature.
Finish the cream with Italian meringue and coffee
1. Once the Italian meringue with coffee has reached room temperature, add the vanilla extract and then the soft butter, piece by piece, while beating vigorously with the mixer, further. After all the butter has been incorporated, we will get a cream of a pale brown, very frothy and fine, similar to the of the Opera Cake.
2. In this cream, incorporate all the coffee brew cream that must already be cooled to room temperature, 2 tablespoons at a time. After each batch of cream added, beat well with the mixer.
3. After all the coffee brew has been incorporated, add 1⁄3 of the whipped cream and mix vigorously with a spatula to blend perfectly.
4. After the first 1⁄3 of whipped cream has been homogenized, add all the coffee cream over the rest of the whipped cream. Using a flexible spatula, we homogenize the two compositions gently, so that we finally get a cream that is as frothy as possible.
Carefully place the top with hazelnuts and coffee on a plate of the right size. Arrange the whole cream on top of it, in a layer of uniform thickness. With a long spatula, smooth the cream well, especially the sides, which will be visible.
On top of the cream, arrange the pieces of streusel, slightly overlapping (or as you wish), until the top layer is completely covered. Basically, the cake with coffee and hazelnuts is ready!
Coffee cake with hazelnuts & serving
Put the cake in the fridge for half an hour and then it's ready to serve. Just before offering it to the table, lightly powder the surface with powdered sugar.
If you have left over from the coffee cake and hazelnuts, keep it in the fridge, well covered. Before serving, allow to return to a temperature closer to the ambient about 20-25 minutes. The cream is frothy, incredibly tasty, in fact, the whole set is divine, each element contrasting with the others and complementing itself exceptionally.
Important aspects regarding the Dobos Cake or the rectangular Dobos cake
Rectangular sheets for Dobos
Important: because we are talking about some thin and aerated sheets, it is good to prepare them in slices of 2 pieces each. That is, to prepare the composition for 2 sheets, to bake them and to resume the process. This way the dough will not leave, it will not lose the air accumulated in the beaten egg whites.
My trays are 33 x 42 cm (the stasis for modern ovens) and to prepare 2 such sheets we need:
- 5 average eggs of 60 g each (ie 300 g)
- 85 g old powder
- 85 g flour
- 25g chilled melted butter (min. 80% fat)
- a pinch of salt
- a knife tip vanilla sugar or ½ teaspoon vanilla extract.
We have baking paper available so there is no need to bake the sheets on the back of the trays. You can bake them very well in the tray and lift them with baking paper. It would be good to have 2 identical trays to work with simultaneously (including baking 2 sheets at a time).
Chocolate butter cream for Dobos Cake
The amount of cream needed to lubricate a sheet is 350 g cream on 1 layer (30 x 40 cm). We must also take into account the fact that we need approx. 350 g of cream and for dressing the sides of the cake and shaping the hazelnuts ("moats") on which the pieces glazed with burnt sugar are placed.
Important: use only butter with min. 80% fat which take it out of the fridge at least 8-10 hours before use. It must reach room temperature, be soft, creamy!
These 350 g of cream are obtained from:
- 90 g eggs
- 75 g old
- 75 g dark chocolate
- a drop of salt
- 1/3 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/3 sachet vanilla sugar
- 13 g cocoa powder
- 100 g soft butter with min. 80% fat.
The 90 g of egg are obtained by breaking 2 medium eggs (60 g each), beating them with a fork and weighing 90 g of this mix. The cream is prepared from the beginning in the necessary quantity, adapted to the number of sheets, so you will not be left with excess eggs.
We will have practically as many servings of cream as we have sheets (of which 1 portion of cream is calculated for dressing and decorating the cake).
If you remember the above aspects, it will be very easy for you to create the Dobos cake with 6, 8, 10 or 20 layers by applying the desired multiplication coefficient. If you want a smaller Dobos you can bake for example 3 sheets that you can later cut into 2 (wide or long) and get 6 smaller sheets. The corresponding cream will be related to the number of large sheets you have baked.
I write to you in the following recipe for a Dobos Cake of approx. 3.3 kg with 6 sheets and having the dimensions 30 x 40 cm and the height of approx. 5 cm. So I will multiply by 3 the quantities from the sheets and by 6 the ones from the cream (that is, I will make 2.1 kg of cream).
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 150 g butter
- 100 g old powder
- 150 brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ness
- 30 ml of hot water
- 3 eggs
- 70 ml whipped milk
- 100 g flour with growth agent
- 100 g plain flour
- 50 g ground hazelnuts
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 30 g black cocoa powder
- 4 yolks
- 70 g brown sugar
- 150 ml of milk
- 120 g starch
- 450 g nutella
- 150 g butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 8 g gelatin (granules)
Ferrero Rocher cake with nutella and hazelnuts
For a birthday this is just right Ferrero Rocher cake with nutella and hazelnuts!
There are two in one: and candy, indispensable to serve guests and cake.
It is a complex cake, in appearance, but quite easy to prepare.
I had planned it for a long time, but only now, on the occasion of my husband's birthday, I managed to prepare it.
The recipe is not the original one, nor do I know how it is, because a search on the net, there are many recipes, each prepared differently.
So I allowed myself to adapt the recipe to my taste, but as a source of inspiration, I started from the recipe Teodorei Rogobete -Teo & # 8217s Kitchen, to whom I thank nicely!
I liked that she also put vanilla wafers and I did too.
What must not be missing from this cake to be a Ferrero Rocher are three ingredients: nutella, hazelnuts and Ferrero Rocher candies.