Ingredients for Cooking Boksty
- Potato 1 kg (500 g. Boiled and 500 g. Grated raw)
- Premium wheat flour 0.5 cup
- Chicken egg 1 pc.
- Cream or milk (high fat) 100 gr.
- Vegetable oil for frying to taste
- Salt, black pepper to taste
- Sour cream (any fat content) 200 gr.
- Main Ingredients Potato
- Serving 8 servings
- World cuisine Irish cuisine
Inventory:Saucepan, Bowls, Mixer or pestle, Grater, Knife, Gauze or towel, Cutting board, Frying pan, Plate
Step 1. Cook the potatoes.Wash the potatoes well and peel them with a knife. Put half the peeled potatoes in a saucepan and pour water so that the water slightly covers the tubers. If the tubers are of different sizes, then cut large ones into 2 or 4 parts so that the potatoes are cooked at the same time. We put the pan on the fire. When the water begins to boil, reduce the heat to a minimum, add half a teaspoon of salt, cover with a lid and leave to cook. Potatoes are cooked for 25-30 minutes. When the potatoes are cooked (readiness can be checked with a knife - if the knife goes easily into the tuber, then the potatoes are ready), pour the water into a separate bowl. We carefully knead the potatoes in the pan with a mixer at low speed or with a pestle so that there are no lumps. If it turns out too cool or kneading hard, add a little potato broth. When the mashed potatoes have cooled, add the flour to it and knead everything well.
Step 2. Preparation of grated potatoes.While the potatoes are being cooked, we will prepare the raw grated part of the pancakes. Take the remaining potatoes and rub each tuber on a fine grater. It turns out a homogeneous semi-liquid mass. Now this mass must be squeezed out of excess fluid. To do this, use gauze folded in 2 layers or a towel. We spread the potato mass in cheesecloth and squeeze either by twisting, or under the press. As a press, you can use the same wooden pestle. In the finished mass, put the egg and cream. Salt, add a pinch of black pepper and mix well.
Step 3. Preparation of the test for boksti.We combine two potato masses. Mix everything well and divide the dough into pancakes. Spread the finished boksty on a chopping board sprinkled with flour.
Step 4. Fry the boksty.We put the pan on a strong fire. Pour odorless vegetable oil into it. When the butter is hot, put the pancakes and fry over high heat. Fry on each side for 5-7 minutes. The most important thing is that the boksty is well-done
Step 5. Serve the boksti.Serve hot boksti with sour cream. Enjoy your meal!
- - If you want to save time, then potatoes can be cooked in advance, and mixed with raw before frying and serving.
- - In order to make the boksty more lush, you can add a quarter teaspoon of baking powder to the dough.
- - As an addition to potato pancakes, in addition to sour cream, you can serve sour cream-mayonnaise-cheese sauce with garlic. To do this, mix sour cream and mayonnaise in equal proportions, grate or cream cheese on a fine grater, mix with sour cream and mayonnaise and crushed garlic.