Ingredients for Making Heh (Xwe) from Raw Fish
- Fish pulp (fillet possible) 1 kg
- Carrots 2 pcs.
- Onion 3 pcs.
- Acetic essence (70%) 5-6 tea spoons
- Vegetable oil (olive can) 150 ml
- Red hot pepper 0.5 tsp. spoons
- Red bell pepper 1 table. a spoon
- Ground black pepper 0.5 tsp. spoons
- Coriander to taste
- Salt 1 teaspoon a spoon
- Sugar 1 teaspoon a spoon
- Garlic 4-5 cloves
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Inventory:Cutting board, Deep dish, Plate, Frying pan, Knife, Korean carrot grater
Cooking heh (Xwe) from raw fish:
Step 1: Cut and chop the fish.If you use whole fish, then first you need to clean it, since we need fillets to cook heh. We cut off the head, tail, fins, skin, remove the insides, separate the flesh. The resulting fillet is cut into thin strips of 1 cm wide, and cut them so that each piece is about 2 cm long. Fish should be sliced into thin plates. so that the pieces were almost transparent. This will allow her to better marinate and soak up the taste of spices.
Step 2: marinate the fillet in vinegar essence.
Step 3: Peel and cut the vegetables.While our fish is pickling, we need to peel the vegetables, and chop the onions in half rings, and grate the carrots on a Korean shredder, so it is better soaked in spices and the finished dish will take on a bright touch of Korean cuisine. After all, everyone knows and loves carrots in Korean?
Step 4: Spread the vegetables and season the dish with spices.We squeeze the pickled fish properly to drain the juice that has formed, and transfer it to a deep bowl. Spread a layer of onion on top, then carrots and start seasoning with spices. Hye is a Korean dish, which means it should be spicy and aromatic. We press garlic, salt, add coriander, black pepper, sugar. Do not mix yet.
Step 5: Add even more flavor before serving.Pour the oil into the pan, heat it properly. You can check its readiness by dropping a drop of water, and if the oil starts to shoot, it means it's time to add red pepper to it and quickly remove from heat. This is necessary to enhance the taste and smell of pepper, and make the oil fragrant. Pour the hot oil over the spices, leave for a couple of minutes, so that the spices convey their taste and aroma to vegetables and fish. We mix our appetizer properly and after 15 minutes you can enjoy the spicy and unusually spicy taste of a real Korean hehe! Enjoy your meal!
- - For cooking hehe, sea fish is best, ideally fresh, or frozen right after it has been caught, and thawed out before cooking. But in any case, unlike other raw fish dishes, there is a vinegar essence in he who kills many unwanted microorganisms.
- - Choose the fish should also be given the size and number of its bones. Small bone fish - trout, common carp, pink salmon, mullet, mullet, and pike perch are well suited.
- - He should be served with rice unleavened cakes, or simply with rice, which, as in the kitchens of neighboring nations, is the main food of the Koreans.