We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for making cabbage porridge
- Fresh white cabbage 0.5 kg
- Barley groats 3 tablespoons
- Milk (any fat content) 2 cups
- Pork fat 100 grams
- Table salt to your liking
- Main Ingredients Cabbage
- Serving 4 servings
- World cuisine Estonian cuisine
Inventory:Cutlery, Measuring cup, Deep bowl, Cutting board, Sharp knife, Stewpan, Kitchen stove, Wooden spatula, Serving plates
Cooking cabbage porridge:
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.So, for starters, you need to pour the necessary amount of cereal into a deep bowl, then fill it with cold running water, mix the cereal and drain the water along with the floated debris and spoiled grains. This procedure must be repeated. repeatedlyuntil the water becomes completely clean and transparent. Rinse the cabbage under cold running water, then shake it off so that all drops of water can drain, lay it on a cutting board and chop finely. Cut the lard into medium-sized slices, and then chop in small cubes.
Step 2: Cook the dish until half cooked.
Step 3: Add milk to the stewpan.When in a stewpan practically no water left and the cereal will be half boiled, add milk to it, mix thoroughly. Then put the diced bacon, salt to your taste, mix again and cook the dish until the barley groats are ready.
Step 4: Serve the cabbage porridge.Determine the willingness of the dish to taste, the cereal should be soft, but not boiled, so do not overdo the dish on fire. When the porridge is cooked, remove the dish from the heat, cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Then put the porridge on the serving plates and serve. Such porridge can also act as an independent hot dish and as an excellent side dish for baked poultry or meat. Good appetite!
- - If you wish, you can add a piece of butter to the finished porridge.
- - Cabbage porridge, can be prepared not only with the use of barley groats. You can also, if desired, use peeled millet, rice, buckwheat or any other cereal. The principle of cooking is the same.
- - Also, this dish can be prepared not only from fresh cabbage, you can use sauerkraut. Only before use should it be washed thoroughly so that it does not acidify in the finished dish.
- - By adding chopped onions, before frying the cabbage, you will add a special flavor to the dish.
- - Milk, if necessary, can be added. If the porridge is not yet ready, and the milk has almost evaporated, then add another glass of milk or more, at your discretion.
- - Ordinary white cabbage can, if desired, be replaced with cauliflower, previously disassembled into small inflorescences.