Ingredients for Cooking Pumpkin and Curry Soup
Ingredients for making pumpkin soup with curry seasoning:
- Fresh pumpkin 1 kg
- Green onion 200 gr.
- Peeled pine nuts (as an option, hazelnuts) 60 gr.
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- Curry Seasoning 2 tsp
- Vegetable broth 100 ml
- Cream 33% fat 100 ml
- Salt, pepper to taste to taste
For vegetable broth:
- Bay leaf 4 leaves
- Fresh carrot 1 medium
- Celery Seed 1/2 tsp
- Fresh dill greens 100 gr.
- Fresh parsley 100 g.
- Red pepper seasoning (paprika) 1 tsp
- Freshly ground black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Marjoram herb seasoning 1/2 tsp
- Seasoning rosemary 1/2 tsp
- Thyme seasoning 1/2 tsp
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 4-6
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Cooker, 1.5 L Saucepan, Deep Bowl, Knife, Cutting Board, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, 2 L Saucepan, Small Frying Pan, Shovel, Measuring Cup, Colander, Blender, Mixer
Cooking pumpkin soup with curry seasoning:
Step 1: prepare the vegetable broth.The basis of any soup or soup puree is primarily water. But it turns out doubly tasty if water is a vegetable broth. Our broth will be prepared on the basis of herbs and carrots, because greens and this vegetable are best combined with pumpkin. So, cook the broth. We clean the carrots chop into pieces. How to get. Size does not matter. We throw in the pan, fill with water about half. Then we wash the fresh greens of dill and parsley and without shredding we lower to the carrots. We put on the fire. Pour a pinch of salt. Lightly pepper and start cooking over medium heat. When the water boils, reduce the heat to a minimum and add spices to the cooking broth: rosemary, marjoram, paprika, thyme. Cover with a lid and cook for 40 minutes. You can add up to an hour. Then the taste will be more saturated. After time, through the colander into the deep dishes, we discard the broth. Boiled vegetables, not sparing, in the trash. All that they could, they had already given! The broth is returned to the pan. Of the total broth, we need only 100 ml. Therefore, immediately measure out the desired volume in a measuring cup, and the remaining part can be used later or frozen for the winter. But this is a completely different topic. The broth is ready!
Step 2: start cooking soup puree.
Step 3: prepare additional ingredients.
Step 4: mash.Stewed in vegetable broth pumpkin now needs to be mashed. To do this, pour the contents of the pan into the mixer and begin to beat at low speed. When the mass has acquired a uniform consistency, in mashed potatoes we interfere slowly cream. Now add the nuts. Continue to beat for another 15 minutes and pour the mixture back into the pan, start heating and we cook mashed potatoes literally 2-3 minutes. If you have a blender, then the matter is much easier, then you do not need to pour the soup anywhere, you just chop everything in a saucepan.
Step 5: Serve the mashed soup with pumpkin and curry seasoning.By the way, you can not add nuts to the mixer, I suggest you pour the soup on plates and sprinkle them with each serving on top just before serving, then they will not "go under the water" and will look very nice! Enjoy your meal!
- - The presented version of the broth is not necessary for the preparation of soup puree. Just once cooked on it and really liked the combination. Actually, a vegetable broth can be absolutely diverse. Up to cubes of intentional production;
- - You can add fried champignons to the composition, just a little. They can also be turned into mashed potatoes at the same time as a pumpkin, or they can be added at the end to make them feel;
- - If you are allergic to nuts, then you can exclude from, replacing, say, fresh herbs.