Unpasteurized ingredients for the preparation of sea buckthorn jam
- Sea buckthorn 1 kg
- Sugar 1 kilogram 300 grams
- Pure pasteurized water 500 milliliters
- Main ingredients: Sea buckthorn, Sugar
- Serving 5 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Scissors, Deep enameled bowl, Deep colander, Stove, Saucepan, Wooden spoon or kitchen spatula, Skimmer, Ladle, Half-liter sterilized jar - 5 pieces, Sterilized preservation lid - 5 pieces, Kitchen towel - 1 - 2 pieces, Wool blanket
Unpasteurized preparation of sea buckthorn jam:
Step 1: prepare the berries.Sea-buckthorn berries are very tight to the branches, so take the scissors and carefully cut them into a large, deep enameled bowl. Take away the spoiled, rotten ones, and cut the stalks off with the scissors and throw them into a large deep colander. Rinse the sea buckthorn under running water from various kinds of contaminants and leave in a colander so that all the water is in the glass. Then put the berries back in the washed bowl.
Step 2: cook the jam.
Step 3: close the jam.After you have boiled the jam for the third time, take the ladle and pour it hot into the sterilized jars that cover with sterilized lids for preservation and immediately roll up the prickly for preservation. Moisten the jars with a damp kitchen towel and turn them upside down and place them on the floor. Lay a wool blanket on top for preservation so that there are no gaps between the floor and the blanket, so the jam will cool gradually without sudden changes in temperature. Put the cooled cans in a dark, cool, well-ventilated place, such as a pantry, basement or cellar.
- - You can apply this method of jam preparation to any other fruits and berries, for example, currants, strawberries, cherries, apples, pears, and many others. Of course, do not forget that less pasteurized jam preserves less vitamins and nutrients than pasteurized jam, but the taste qualities of both the first option and the second are identical.
- - Remember that during any preservation all the equipment that you will use in the preparation of your workpiece must be thoroughly washed with detergents or soda, sterilized or treated with boiling water!
- - To prepare this type of jam, sea buckthorn berries can be chopped in a meat grinder or in a blender, and after that, cook the jam according to the above recipe.
- - Very often, a stick of vanilla and cinnamon is put in this type of jam for a more exotic flavor. These spices are placed in the last third cooking and after they are removed.
- - You can sterilize lids and cans in different ways, in order to find out more about this - follow this link.