We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for Cooking Boiled Potatoes
- Young potatoes 9 pieces of medium size
- Salt to taste
- Parsley 1 bunch
- Bay leaf 1 piece
- Dill 1 bunch
- Butter 40 grams
- Main ingredients: Potato, Oil, Greens
Kitchen Stove, Saucepan with Lid, Knife, Deep Plate or Bowl, Cutting Board, Tablespoon, Fork, Kitchen Towel
Cooking boiled potatoes:
Step 1: prepare the potatoes.Potatoes of medium size, approximately the same, for simultaneous cooking, put in the sink and peel. The peel will be easy to peel, as we have new potatoes. If the potato seems big to you, it can be cut into 2-4 parts. But it is better to take a potato which does not need to be cut. Pour water into a deep plate and drop the peeled vegetables there so that they do not darken.
Step 2: prepare the greens.
Step 3: boil the potatoes.Pour clean water into the pan. We put on the stove on a big fire. Bring it to a boil, salt is not needed yet. In boiling water, drop the peeled potatoes, one piece of finely chopped greens and bay leaf. Water should completely cover the entire ingredient. When the water boils, reduce the temperature of the stove to a small level, close the pan with a lid. Cook about 15-20 minutes and after this time, potatoes can be salted. In order to check the readiness of the potato, we need a knife or fork, if the knife pierces the vegetable without much effort, then the potato is cooked. If not, cook for another 5-10 minutes, and again check the readiness. Next, you need to drain the water, it will be convenient to do this using the lid. We close the pan with a lid and slightly shift it so that a hole forms and liquid can pour out through it, but not potatoes. After we drained all the water, we need to slightly dry the potatoes. To do this, put the pan back on the stove for 1 minute. Turn off the burner and add a piece of oil.
Step 4: serve the boiled potatoes.Cooked potatoes should be served warm. We lay it out on plates in portions, add the remaining greens for decoration, if you wish even more butter or sour cream. Such potatoes are very tasty to drink with milk. Our boiled potatoes are ready! Enjoy your meal!
- - Potatoes for this dish must be young. Old and sprouted potatoes are not suitable because of their taste. Try to pick up potatoes of the same size. And not too big. If you have hard potatoes, then add a tablespoon of vegetable oil or margarine to the water during cooking. And if the potato is from friable varieties, then it is better to add a little vinegar to the water.
- - It is not necessary to add greens to water, and butter can be replaced with sunflower. It's a matter of taste.
- - When we put the peeled potatoes into the water so that it does not darken and does not lose vitamins, make sure that it is not in it for very long, because of this the flesh of the potato coarsens and loses a certain amount of starch.