Ingredients for making a festive liver cake
- Chicken liver 400 grams
- Chicken egg 2 pieces
- Milk 100-120 milliliters
- Wheat flour 40-60 grams
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Medium-sized carrot 2-3 pieces
- Large onion 1 piece
- Medium-sized garlic 3-4 cloves
- Mayonnaise 200-250 grams
- Fresh dill to taste
- Fresh parsley to taste
- Salt to taste
- Key Ingredients
- Serving 8 servings
- World CuisineUkrainian Cuisine
Inventory:Knife, Cutting board, Plate - 5 pieces, Bowl, Medium grater, Frying pan - 2 pieces, Cooker, Food foil, Sieve, Blender, Hand whisk, Soup ladle, Wooden spatula, Garlic
Cooking a festive liver cake:
Step 1: prepare the onion.With a knife, peel the onion from the husk and rinse it well under running water. Then, using a sharp inventory on a cutting board, cut our ingredient in half rings and transfer it to a free plate.
Step 2: prepare the carrots.
Step 3: prepare the carrot and onion filling.Pour vegetable oil into the pan and put the container on medium heat. After the oil has warmed up, transfer it to the container with the help of a tablespoon of half an onion ring, and constantly stirring our ingredient with the same tableware, simmer it for 5-8 minutesuntil the onion gains a slightly golden color. After that, put the chopped carrots in the pan and, continuing to mix the two ingredients well with a tablespoon, simmer them until the carrots are soft. After that, turn off the fire, and shift the carrot and onion filling from the pan with a spoon into a free plate.
Step 4: prepare the hepatic fluid mass.
Step 5: prepare the liver pancakes.
Step 6: prepare the mayonnaise-garlic dressing.
Step 7: prepare the greens.We take parsley and dill and wash the ingredients under running water. Then put the greens on a paper towel, getting rid of the water. Using a knife, finely grind our ingredients and pour them into a plate with mayonnaise-garlic dressing.
Step 8: prepare a festive liver cake.
Step 9: serve the holiday liver cake.Before serving, we take out the dish from the refrigerator and remove the foil from it. We cut the liver cake into identical pieces so that everyone can take the tidbit that looks at him. Good appetite!
- - From above, our cake can be decorated according to your wishes with sprigs of greens, grated yolk of a boiled egg or slices of fresh tomato.
- - In addition to the vegetable filling, champignons can be added to the dish. If one layer of the cake will consist of fried mushrooms, believe me - it will not spoil the taste of our dish, but only on the contrary make the festive liver cake more refined in taste and aroma.
- - You can use any liver to make a cake. The taste of the dish will not change from this, but the structure of the liver pancakes will change, however. If you use chicken liver, then the pancake structure will be more uniform. If you use turkey liver, the structure will be fine-grained. And beef liver pancakes are generally coarse-grained.
- - If you are making a cake from beef or pork liver, then before cooking liver pancakes, you need to soak it in milk. From this, the liver will become more tender.