We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for cooking lefties
- Wheat flour 400-500 grams
- 2 eggs
- Purified water 50-75 milliliters
- Rum 75-100 milliliters
- Sugar 1 tablespoon
- Salt 1 pinch
- Jam (to taste) 300-350 grams
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Main ingredients: Flour, Rum
- Serving 7 servings
- World Cuisine
Rolling pin, Deep bowl, Sieve, Tablespoon, Measuring cup, Pastry brush, Hand whisk, Deep bowl, Teaspoon, Thick bottom pan, Cooker, Fork, Serving dish, Knife, Wooden spatula
Step 1: prepare the flour.
Before cooking lefties, it is very important to sift the flour. After all, this process will contribute to the fact that the dough will turn out homogeneous, without lumps, and the buns are more tender. So, pour the flour into small sieve in small portions and sift it directly into a deep bowl.
Step 2: prepare the dough.
With our hands we make a small depression on the top of a hill of flour. Then we break one egg there, and also pour out, using a measuring glass, rum and water, add salt and sugar to taste. With clean hands, knead a very cool dough, which should turn out to be homogeneous, smooth and not sticking to your hands. We form a ball out of it and leave it in a bowl on 10-15 minutes to insist. Attention: if it is inconvenient for you to knead the dough in a bowl, then you need to slightly knead the flour on the kitchen table and continue to knead the dough on a flat surface.
Step 3: prepare the egg.
We break the shell of the last egg with a knife, and pour the protein and yolk into a deep bowl. Using a hand whisk, beat until a homogeneous mass is formed. We need to do this to fasten the edges of the left-handed people so that they do not come apart during the frying process.
Step 4: prepare lefties.
So, crush the kitchen table with a little flour and put the dough on it. Now, using a knife, we cut the dough into several parts so that it is convenient to work with it. From each test portion we form a sausage with our hands. We cut each sausage into pieces with a knife about the size of a whole walnut. And now the most crucial moment. The finer the dough, the tastier the pies will be. Therefore, using a rolling pin, we roll each piece into a thin cake.
Attention: Lefties can be formed in the form of a crescent and in the form of rectangles. The taste of this will not change, the main thing is that you like them. For each cake, use a teaspoon to spread the jam. Then, using a pastry brush, grease the edges of the test layer with a beaten egg and connect these edges, pressing well with your fingers. After that, with a fork, slightly prick each pie so that bubbles can form during the frying process.
When all the left-handers are formed, pour vegetable oil into the pan and put the container on medium heat. When the oil warms up well, carefully spread the pies at a small distance from each other and fry until golden brown on both sides. The readiness of lefties is checked with a fork, slightly raising the dish near the edge. If the pastry is covered with a golden brown crust, then you can turn it over to the other side. We shift the finished pies, using a wooden spatula, to the serving dish.
Step 5: serve lefties.
Left-handed people are very tasty and unusual, with a fried golden crust, like buns or pies, only with dense dough. After cooking, you can immediately serve pastry to the dessert table until it has cooled, and treat friends and family with an old dish along with hot tea or coffee.
- For the preparation of lefties, you can add any jam to your taste in the filling. For example, it can be blackcurrant jam, strawberry or raspberry jam and even apricot jam.
- In order for the left-handed people to turn rosy, the pastries should be greased with beaten yolk before frying.
- After cooking, lefties can be poured with melted chocolate, sugar icing and sprinkled with coconut, or crushed nuts, or grated chocolate. You can also sprinkle the cakes with powdered sugar.
- In the process of frying lefties, it is necessary to monitor the amount of vegetable oil in the pan. If necessary, add oil so that the pies are fried in it.
- If you do not like fatty pies, then after frying the lefties you need to wipe them well with kitchen paper towels from all sides.
- If you have a deep fryer at hand, then lefties can be fried in this kitchen technique.